Developing the previous “horned” shape, I extended the horns so that one curved inside the other, evoking the feeling of a mother protecting her child. Using two colours, I tried to create sharper edges at the borders and along the back of the curves, but this was only partly successful.
Then came the tricky bit: I wanted to add some strings as in the Wave sculpture.
I experimented with several arrangements using loose thread, to see how it looked.
For the actual strings I used red linen thread. I thought about using wire, but wasn’t sure how to conceal the ends.
The advantage of adding strings to a felt piece rather than wood or metal is that you just need a needle rather than power tools to drill holes. The disadvantage is that , unlike wood or metal, fibre has a tendency to move, which creates problems when trying to set the tension. 🙂
It wasn’t too bad in the end, but next time it might be better to use wire!